To Via De Lago Spiritual, Health & Wellness Resort, promising a unique balance of workshops, art, excitement, networking, and above all relaxation. —Coming 2016
Sneak Peek at Weekly Sessions
- Week 1: Learn how to become aware of your body, mind, and spirit. Listen to your needs. Feel inspired as you begin to take simple steps to improve your life.
- Week 2: Explore new ways to live your life. Learn how to prepare nutrition meals; discover your purpose, and begin to practice mindfulness. Develop a mind-set for total wellness, health & fitness though daily completion.
- Week 3: Gain experience in preparing live foods that you can use at home. Practice advanced alpha state relaxation techniques. Explore the deep connection between your body, mind, and spirit….more.
Brent has dedicated two chapters in her new book, “The Caregiver’s Companion,” focusing on health, wellness, and fitness, (total self-care) by helping you master the necessary skills to balance your life, and take better care of yourself. In her workshops/training courses, she will have you pondering big, detailed questions, but the biggest takeaway involves the most basic of ideas: a healthier you is the greatest gift you can give to yourself and family. Come on this journey and find out how and more. The Caregiver’s Companion: Caring for Your Loved One Medically, Financially and Emotionally While Caring for Yourself Paperback – January 27, 2015
The health advice presented is intended only as an informative resource guide to help you make informed decisions; it is not meant to replace the advice of a physician or to serve as a guide to self-treatment. Always seek competent medical help for any health condition or if there is any question about the appropriateness of a procedure or health recommendation.
Things to remember
- Stay connected
- Get connected with senior centers, church groups and other organizations in your area that you can count on for personal support. Networking support groups can make a world of difference in improving your attitude, health, wellness, fitness and well-being
- Find strategies to restore and maintain your health and your sense of well-being. Enrolled in a health, detox or wellness program
- Getting proper rest daily
- Everyday stay on top of your health, fitness and appearance
- Restore your health, wellness & fitness NOW!
- Take care of yourself
- Pick up the pieces in your life post-caregiving (grieving, self-worth, forgiveness, love yourself)
- How to get your Health, Fitness, and Wellness back!
- The process towards achieving mental and physical wellness
- Discovering yourself again
- What is the importance of being able to Just Say No!
- Enjoy Dating
- Stay in your HAPPY ZONE
- Have crucial emotional, financial and legal conversations with family
- The difference between Medical Power of Attorney and Medical Directive
- Tips and tools for taking care of yourself when you are a family caregiver
- When it’s the best time for families to start talking about, and planning for, end-of-life issues, and the easiest approaches
- Know when attorneys are needed to help with legal decisions
- Everyone must make Life-or-Death decisions at sometime
Surround yourself with LIKE—MINDED people…The 2015 Fitness Orlando Championships
The following are the amazing judges who have paid the price for HEALTH, Wellness & Fitness… We are—- Ages 34 — 58… Yes, I am 58 and proud! Surround yourself with LIKE MINDED people… And congratulations to all competitors of the 2015 Fitness Orlando Championships! —10/03/15
Here are some key strategies to restore and maintain your health and your sense of well-being. Among a myriad of health, wellness and caregiver issues, CGS will discuss these and similar topics:
Exercise is an excellent way to get moving towards managing stress. Almost any form of exercise such as walking, jogging, swimming, biking, and dancing can act as an amazing stress reliever. When you are active exercise can distract you from daily worries by boosting your feel-good endorphins. Exercising with a friend or a family member can make it more fun, and having a partner to encourage you can help you stay on track. However, exercise is just part of your wellness journey.
Let’s take a closer look at “The BIG” picture vision to become more resilient. Are you really “Taking Care of Yourself? ” — Answer the following questions:
- Do you take care of yourself and your own healthcare needs?
- What are you eating? What’s eating (stresses) you?
- Do you exercise? How often do you exercise? Do you exercise often enough?
- Do you have an injury? Are you able to workout? Have you interviewed a fitness coach?
- When was the last time you visited your doctor? Are you on medication (s)?
- Do you meditate or practice another relaxation technique?